If you’re here, it’s most likely you are aware of my writing ability, but here’s a brief overview: I have over seven years of active writing experience, have completed (among other works) two novels and one novella, and have received multiple writing awards through my school. I work at my school newspaper as a top contributor and proofreader, and will next year be Editor in Chief.
All this to say, I know my way around some words.
(You can find samples of my work here.)
Why you should have me edit your work:
- “I am one of the few honest people I have ever known.” – Nick Carraway, The Great Gatsby
- This is to say, I will not hold my punches. Those who know me personally, and whose writing I have proofread, can testify to that, probably with the addition that sometimes, I probably should hold them. However, my honesty comes out of love and the sincere hope that my feedback helps their writing career. It’s easier to accept criticism from someone with credentials that you don’t know than to accept it from a personal friend, someone you admire, a person you grabbed off the street, et cetera. It is additionally easier to accept criticism from someone you are paying to criticize you. It is additionally additionally easier to accept criticism from someone who is not yourself. One of the hardest parts about writing is finding people to give you sincere, critical feedback, both on what you did right and what you did wrong and—most importantly—how you can fix it. In order to improve, it is necessary to receive honest feedback, both as motivation and as advice, and not only am I qualified to give that feedback, I am ecstatic to do so. One of my great passions is to help those who aspire to write great things, because the world deserves great written things.
- copywriting (proofreading for typos)
- soft editing (proofreading for typos, continuity, and clarity of ideas)
- editing (all of the above, plus in-depth feedback/critiques and more thorough aid according to needs of manuscript)
Things I Will Edit
- essays (excludes editing tier)
- short stories
- original fiction
- fanfiction (tier exclusions vary depending on my knowledge of fandom)
- pretty much most written things
Things I Will Not Edit
- i reserve the right to refuse any manuscript
Prices (assuming ~1,500 words)
- Flat fee $7, plus $5 per extra 1000 words
- soft editing
- Flat fee $12, plus $7 per extra 1000 words
- Flat fee $15, plus $7 per extra 1000 words.
For long projects, on a case by case basis, prices may vary.
- I will accept payments via Paypal only.
- 1,500 words and under
- Half of flat fee to be paid in advance, other half paid post-delivery.
- Above 1,500 words
- Flat fee paid in advance, with extra fees paid post-delivery.
Time of delivery will vary depending on word count, editing tier, my schedule, and various acts of God, but as a general rule, expect most projects to take no less than 1-2 weeks.
- Feel free to send any and all questions to me via email at email@example.com. I’m happy to answer any and all, big or small.
- Please send inquiries to the same email! When requesting a service, please remember to be as specific as possible, including editing tier, word count, and type of manuscript (short story, essay, et cetera).